3 Lockdown Loaves Croissants
Half a bar of Tony's Chocolonely Caramel Sea Salt
2 Tbsp Nutcessity Caromel Cashew Treenut Butter
1 Glass Crook & Churn Double Cream
1 Tsp Neilsen-Massey Vanilla Extract
100g Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar
1. Heat oven to 180 degrees
2. Lightly grease a dish (I used a 9 inch circle dish no removable bottom as it will leak).
3. Slice croissants and stuff two with your Tony's Chocolate, spread the Treenut Butter on your last croissant, then cut each croissant into two pieces (9 total).
4. Squash these into your baking dish, make sure they are all touching almost like they are stuffed in but keeping to one layer, if they are not use a smaller dish!
5. In a large bowl whisk together your eggs, cream, vanilla and sugar then pour over your croissants, I did this in 3 parts, gently pushing down on the croissants 3 times so it soaks in like custard.
6. Finally cover your dish with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes, remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes OR until your cream/custard looks set. Serve alone or with ice cream. Enjoy!
Images courtesy of this weeks contributor © Emilia Risso 2021